Connect with us

Local News

‘Shame On You’ : — Wizkid Fires Back At Buhari’s Aide , Lauretta Onochie

Published

on

images 4 2 'Shame On You' : — Wizkid Fires Back At Buhari's Aide , Lauretta Onochie

Pop singer Wizkid has fired back at the special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on social media Lauretta Onochie after she criticised him for ‘insulting’ the president on Sunday.
It all started after the ‘Ojuelegba’ singer knocked Buhari for wishing US President Donald Trump a “quick recovery from COVID-19” amid the security tension in Nigeria.
Wizkid had taken to his Twitter page to vent his annoyance at the president, describing him as an “old man” who should be paying attention to issues in the country rather than in the United States.
He spoke amid outrage against the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) after a video showing a man allegedly gunned down in Delta by operatives of the police unit went viral.
Reacting on Tuesday, Onochie described Wizkid as a “dumbkid”, who exhibited crass ignorance and childishness in the way he addressed the president.

Wizkid then responded, saying Onochie should be ashamed for making such utterance about age.
He wrote: “Lol a 77 year old man is not young ma.. You are a woman and a mother and kids are getting killed by police/sars and this is all you have to say? shame on you!!! shame on you!! I am a father and age has nothing to do with demanding for a better governance in my country!!”

Continue Reading
Comments

Local News

N392bn projects debt: Senate asks FG to consider pension fund

Published

on

images 97 1 N392bn projects debt: Senate asks FG to consider pension fund

The Minister of Works and Housing , Babatunde Fashola , on Wednesday , told the Senate that the Federal Government owe construction firms handling 711 road projects across the country N 392 bn .
The debt , according to the minister , was higher than the N 276 bn , proposed as budgetary allocation for road projects in 2021 .
Fashola who stated this on Wednesday in Abuja while defending the 2021 budget of his ministry before the Senate Committee on Works .
He said, “ With the situation on ground , a stop has come for new projects and the country needs to prioritise the existing ones in order to complete some of them .”
He said N 6 . 62 tn was needed by the Federal Government to fund the 711 road projects across the country .
The minister , however , said the resources to achieve that were not available now , hence the need to prioritise the very important ones .
He said, “ We do not have the resources that we need to fix our road infrastructure at once ; the very reason we need to prioritise what want to do .
“ The situation on ground requires us to cut our coat according to our cloth and not according to our size because no good will come out of more new road projects now .”
He however explained to the committee that in order to remedy the situation , the 711 projects had been categorised into four different areas of funding and execution.
The first category , he said, was the highway projects financed with the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund.
The projects, he said , covered projects such as Lagos – Shagamu – Ibadan dual carriage way , the 2 nd Niger Bridge and the rehabilitation of Abuja – Kaduna-Kano dual carriage way.
The second category , according to the minister , are highways projects financed with the Sovereign Sukuk Fund totalling 44 roads across the six geopolitical zones .
Fashola said the third category included the highways project financed under the tax credit like the Lokoja-Obajana -Kabba – Ilorin road , Apapa -Wharf Road in Lagos and the Apapa -Oworonsoki – Ojota Expressway , among others .
Those in the fourth category he stated are highways projects funded from multilateral loans .
The Chairman of the Committee , Senator Adamu Aliero, suggested to the minister to look into pension funds for some of the road projects.
He said, “ In view of the scarce resources and poor revenue generation which the country is currently facing , I think the ministry could consider applying for funds from the PenCom funds. ”
Fashola , however, said he said he was not in a position to do that .
He said, “ The Central Bank of Nigeria seems to be in the best position to work out such arrangement.
“ It will be helpful if that type of funding can be put together , ” he said.
Aliero , however, said the fact was that the budgetary allocation to the ministry and its agencies remained one of the highest , but was like a drop of water in the ocean .
“ This is because of the humongous work to be done on Nigerian roads and the current debt profile of the ministry which is about N 392 bn ,” he said.

Continue Reading

Local News

ALTON apologises for network disruption

Published

on

images 95 1 ALTON apologises for network disruption

The Association of Licensed Telecommunication Operators of Nigeria has apologised to subscribers for network outages in some part of the country .
The Association in a statement on Wednesday attributed the network disruption that still subsists as of the time of filing this report to power cuts and operations -related issues .
According to ALTON, network disruption is not intentional .
The statement said, “ The outages have been compounded by power and other operations -related issues that have occurred across some major routes in Lagos metropolis and other states resulting in congestion of networks and impact on quality of services .”
The association said movement restrictions and the volatility on the streets had compounded the restoration of outages because engineers had not been able to move about to fix the problems .
It added , “ At the moment, affected member operators are exploiting all avenues to remedy the situation . Engineers are making relentless effort round the clock to resolve issues , while in the interim, efforts are being made to optimise coverage utilising alternative solutions as a stop -gap solution to the most impacted locations.
“ We appeal to subscribers to please bear with us and be patient . Let us remember that we need both voice and data communication especially at this critical time . ”
The association appealed to people at the barricades to grant access to telecoms engineers to be able to access the affected locations to restore telecom services .
It expressed regret over recent incidents of violence across the country as well as destruction of lives and properties.

Continue Reading

Local News

I Didn’ t Reject Your Offer Of Renovating My Palace, Soun Tells Makinde

Published

on

Pic 30 condolence visit I Didn’ t Reject Your Offer Of Renovating My Palace, Soun Tells Makinde

The Soun of Ogbomosoland, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade III, has denied the content of a letter purportedly authorised by him, which rejected the financial contribution of the Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State in the planned renovation of the monarch’s palace vandalised by hoodlums during the #EndSARS protest on October 10.
The Soun, who spoke with the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde, Taiwo Adisa, said that he did not authorise the said letter in circulation.
Adisa disclosed to Governor’s Office correspondents, quoting the monarch: “If your boss sees any such letter, he should ignore it, because I didn’t ask anyone to write such a letter.”
“The Soun said that he never authorised anyone to issue a letter on his behalf and that if any such letter surfaces, some persons must have forged his signature.”
“The Soun said he wholeheartedly welcomes the intervention of Governor Seyi Makinde in the plan to fix the palace and all the damaged items.”
The purported letter claimed the monarch said the damages incurred during the unfortunate incident would be taken care of by a coordinated community effort of Ogbomoso sons and daughters.
The letter further added that a N10m released by the governor would be added to the contributions of his subjects, while it allegedly quoted the monarch saying there was no need to disburse the balance of the sum of N90m.

Continue Reading

Trending