Connect with us

Local News

Police parade 23 suspects in Katsina

Published

on

images 11 2 Police parade 23 suspects in Katsina

The Katsina State Police Command on Thursday paraded no fewer than 23 suspects alleged to have committed various crimes including banditry , kidnapping and theft .
The suspects were said to have been arrested during recent operations by the police in the command .
Among the suspect was a 20 – year -old man, Sani Haruna, from Kwakwara village in the Safana Local Government Area of the state.
The command’ s spokesman, SP Gambo Isah , told journalists that Haruna was arrested with one AK -47 rifle allegedly found on him .
Haruna was said to have confessed that he and seven others who are now at large, had earlier attacked Kwakwara village and killed a 60 – year -old man, Mallam Murnai, and also injured his son , Gambo Saidu , before dispossessing them of eight cows , 50 sheep and 10 goats.
Another 25 -year – old suspect, Sanusi Abubakar, of Unguwar Gajere village , Kankara Local Government Area of the state was also paraded .
Abubakar was alleged to have conspired with two other suspects who are also at large to kidnap one Haruna Garba whose family paid N 3 m ransom .
SP Gambo added, “ The suspect ( Abubakar ) confessed that in the process of kidnapping the said Alhaji Haruna, one of the suspects who is at large , Ibrahim Kawo, shot and killed one Ibrahim Lado. ”
SP Gambo said all the suspects would be prosecuted after completion of investigation on the various crimes they were arrested for.

Continue Reading
Comments

Local News

‘Buhari Is Not Nigeria’s Problem’ – Zahra Buhari Shares Post

Published

on

5f9518b045ef7 'Buhari Is Not Nigeria's Problem' – Zahra Buhari Shares Post

COVID19 Palliatives: Zahra Buhari reshares a post stating that President Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem
In the last few days, Nigerians have discovered various warehouses where the COVID19 palliatives donated by CACOVID were stored and went ahead to loot them.
The palliatives comprising of food items were stored in the warehouses and were supposed to be distributed to the less privileged Nigerians.
Nigerians took to social media to blast the various state governments for keeping the items when they were supposed to have immediately distributed them.
Filmmaker, Masurah Isah, shared a post on her Instagram page where she pointed out that the discovery of the palliatives shows that the President is not the problem of Nigeria.
Zahra Buhari-Indimi who is President Buhari’s daughter seems to be in agreement with Mansurah’s post and so she reposted it on her Instagram story.

Continue Reading

Local News

Taraba Government Declares 32- Hour Curfew On Jalingo

Published

on

images 2020 10 25T123408.373 Taraba Government Declares 32- Hour Curfew On Jalingo

Following certain bad happenings in the state and around the country, the government has decided to impose a curfew on Jalingo, the state capital to forestall further breakdown of law and order.
This was disclosed in a broadcast by the Deputy Governor, Engr. Haruna Manu on the 24th October 2020.
The government stated that the curfew will run from 11 pm on Saturday 24th October 2020 to 8 am on Monday 26th October 2020 as the government will thereafter review the situation.
Part of his speech reads thus;
“At about 5 pm in the evening of today, Saturday, the 24th day of October 2020, vandals forced their way into government warehouses and looted essential commodities meant for distribution as palliatives in the state.
“Similarly, troublemakers are continuing to lay siege on the streets of the state capital which informed the government’s decision to impose the curfew to stop the situation from degenerating into mayhem.
“As a responsible government, this step has become necessary to protect lives and properties of our dear people.
“The security agencies have been directed to be extra vigilant and stop trouble makers from seizing the opportunity to cause further destructions.
“This, they must do within the confines of the law and by protecting the human rights of our people.
“Let me specifically appeal to our teeming youths to be law-abiding so that their disposition can help government tame the hoodlums perpetuating this breach of public
peace.”
He calls on all law-abiding citizens to remain calm and not panic as their security is guaranteed.

Continue Reading

Local News

Tinubu denies traveling to France, alleged abduction of son

Published

on

images 2020 10 25T122845.024 Tinubu denies traveling to France, alleged abduction of son

National leader of All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, yesterday, dismissed reports that he travelled to France in the wake of the shooting of protesters by suspected soldiers in Lekki, Lagos.

He also described reports that his son, Seyi Tinubu, was kidnapped in London as fake news.

A day after the shooting of peaceful protesters, the former Lagos State governor was reported to have travelled to France.

On the heels of that, were reports that his son was also kidnapped in London. Both misleading reports were largely reported on social media while the mainstream media avoided them.

Speaking with newsmen during a visit to Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu, who was accompanied by his son, said he is standing with people in this period of crisis.

He further commiserated with the state governor over the civil unrest and destruction of lives and property in Lagos, especially the Lekki Toll Gate shooting.

The APC chieftain, who condemned the shooting at Lekki Toll Gate, berated youths for what he described as the failure to observe the curfew order of the state government. He added that those who sustained gunshot injuries should be questioned.

Tinubu, therefore, appealed to the youths to give peace a chance and desist from vandalising private and public infrastructure across the state.

Continue Reading

Trending